Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Our Family knows......

We have an awesome family. I have feared telling them of our plans. I just knew they would want to kill us but this past weekend went surprisingly well. There was no gasping, yelling, crying or anything.... Now there also was no jumping up & down and celebrating either but that is totally ok with me.... The fact they did not get upset is a milestone for me and I now have less stress........ 

Now we have time to focus on what we need to do to get ourselves in the rig in Columbia and closer to our goal of hitting the road. 

This past weekend was also our 1st and ONLY Yard Sale..... I say only because I HATE yard sales.... Since we are storing our furniture then our yard sale was to get rid of JUNK... and we did get some gone... We made a little money that we promptly blew through but that is totally ok.... 

E-Diva was a great helper during the sale.. 
She kept trying to keep things I was trying to get rid of.... 

Then she decided she was worn out and 
I couldn't get her to do a thing.....



We had quite a bit of stuff left over. A facebook friend had mentioned her church had a clothing closet so I contacted her to see if they wanted our left over clothes. She came to pick them up and we loaded her mini van slam full of just clothes. It made me happy to know these clothes were going towards a good cause of helping families in need..... All our other "junk" was loaded up and hauled to Goodwill. 

I still have a crap load of stuff to get rid of but I will Freecycle them and/or head to Goodwill again and again and again.... 

After notification of our plans to our family was announced, I felt so much better and relieved. It was telling them that was holding me back from actually completing projects. Now that is over with, we can move forward. 

We have 6 1/2 weeks left before we move into the rig.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment