Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Mindset of Purging.....

Purging..... 

My motivation to purge is almost non-existent.... It comes and goes... We are set in our minds to live this life on the road, yet we are still stuck in the rut of this sticks & bricks house..... 


Work, eat, sleep, kids to school, youngest kid taken care of, older kids back & forth..... Work, eat, sleep, yadda yadda yadda...... 


I have accomplished several closets. There is a stack of junk to sell at a yard-sale .. I ABHOR yard-sales .. Love to go to them, HATE HATE HATE to have them..... 


My life would be so much simpler if someone would just offer me a lump sum of a decent amount to come get this junk and carry it off for me.... 


As we purge our lives (does that sound dramatic enough?), we (actually just ME) are hit with some thoughts.... 


Doubts enter now:


  • What if we cannot make it work on the road? 
  • What happens if we run out of money?
  • What do we do it our rig breaks down?
  • How to we handle medical issues?
  • Will the kids be able to adjust?
  • How will the kids have friends?
  • Our family is going to KILL US! 

The focus is on purging for now.... I still have tons of work to do and I have issues to deal with... Like...
I do not want to sell our brand new living room furniture or our wonderful brand new king size bed for fear we decide this is not for us and when we return home we have NOTHING..... 

I shouldn't have the thought of failing & I should not be thinking this may not working, but I am the practical one and I want something to come home too if we come home........ 


My mother-in-law is allowing us to store stuff at her house... so we are luckily in the fact that I will be able to keep my bed, living room furniture, and some other items that MUST BE KEPT....  


Now reality kicks in, we have 2 months to rid our junk, get our saved stuff to MIL's and all I can think is how the hell are we going to get all this done????  


My brain is a mess..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment