Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our 1st Month is in the books.....


Wow what a crazy month June was.... We successfully moved into The Nest and have settled in finally!!! The first 2 weeks were almost torture but we survived.

The rain in SC (and elsewhere I'm sure) has been horrendous. Seriously, I think we were on the verge of floating away at times.

Week 1 of our full timing in the RV was terrible because we were not 100% level and because it was raining so much, we got water in the rig. Carpet was soaked and we were frustrated.

Also thanks to so much rain and the soft ground we couldn't level up for a few days. So we endured the wetness, used the heck out of the de-humidifier and whined..... A ton of whining. At least from me.....


Week 2 we were able to level 
Had to buy wood to help with leveling.. Luigi had quite a load on him. 

Our wood was sinking into the soft sandy ground so we had to replace/add to it... 

We created quite a puzzle...  

To level is to pull in slides and create chaos in my house. :-) 

Evan working away in the 100+ humidity 
At least the rain did hold off a little during this process.

Break time for Boo Boo! 

Despite his hard hot work, he smiles with his little helper... 


.........and then came the heat (it joined the rain) and our rear A/C decided to act up. And to be honest, we have not had it fixed yet but have been able to overcome the issue. The rear A/C for whatever reason, builds up condensation when it runs and then it decides to drip water on the bed and it usually happens around 2 or 3 AM!! So to combat the issue for now, we do not run it but for a little bit at a time like when we are ready to sleep at night or for those lucky naps we sometimes get. Then off it goes and to help circulate the air we have a couple of small fans..... It works. For now. I'm sure we will have to get the A/C looked at but for now we are content. (Without going into a long detailed story.... we tried to have it serviced but it was going to cost an arm & a leg just for a service call, so just held off)

Week 3 was my almost melt down week but I survived.. The separation anxiety & culture shock of everything hit me..... I am still working my full time job and by moving I am having to learn a new territory. Constantly being unsure where I am and being a slave to my GPS tore my nerves up.... Now when we go on the road, I will welcome being lost & trying to find new places & following my GPS but with work, it was killing me... Luckily I was able to deal with it all and now we are loving life....

Our campground is awesome... The owners are super, our neighbors who are fulltimers are wonderful and we are happy.

We fish and swim and go to play ground.....  Evan takes the kids to a local children's museum several days a week (family pass for weekday entry was only $80 - heck yea - and it's paid for itself already cause of all the rain they have visited OFTEN)
 
The dogs love the Dog Park and they smile often... 

We ALL love the pool.... And now that Emerson has her new swimmies, she is unstoppable.

Jackson caught his first fish... 

 
Then a few days later I caught my 1st fish at the ponds... 

Emerson loves to play, get dirty, & show her Diva side........ 


Love Love Love the pool and these 3. 

Although she is smiling.. on this day she went to the doctor due to her MRSA flaring up.. :( 
All is well now but we have to watch her when she gets a sore and/or infection..... 

Emerson loves the ponds (like me) 

Peace & Love.... 

Here we are at the Edisto River
Great fishing spot in the shade but there are dangers.... 

There are 2 resident gators on the property.... 
We have not seen them but our neighbor has...

Columbia has The SC State Museum 
Here are the kids during our visit on Fathers Day 2013


So month 1 is history.... We are learning our new home quite well... Made a few improvements and have ideas for future changes....

We are counting down our days until we can hit the road.....

2 comments:

  1. Great blog...wondering if you are going to have a link so we can sign up to get updates via email. Let me know if you need help adding it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first month! We are lovin' full-timing, and I must admit that I have loved every second of it from day 1...but the hubby is another story, lol.

    I wish you and your family the best and may you have tons of adventures! Congrats on you and your son catching your first fish, your family is beautiful, and good job on getting the rv leveled. That's always a b****!

    P.S. If I saw an Alligator sign posted anywhere, I'm pretty sure I would run away crying, lol!

    ReplyDelete